Music for All is excited to announce the return of the SWAG Alumni Weekend at this year’s Music for All Summer Symposium, June 27-July 2, 2016 at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. The SWAG Alumni Weekend will take place July 1-2, 2016.
The SWAG Alumni Weekend was first established at the 2012 Music for All Summer Symposium. The purpose of the weekend was for SWAG alums to reconnect and reminisce on their past SWAG Team experiences and to assist Music for All by being an advocate for music education.
The SWAG Alumni Weekend would not have been possible without the assistance and guidance from current Music for All Board Member, supporter, and friend to Music for All, Anmol Mehra. Mr. Mehra played trombone and baritone and was a student camper and SWAG for a number of years at the Music for All Summer Symposium.
Music for All would also like to thank former SWAG Team Members, Dave McElvain and Greg Scapillato for their help and collaboration in making this event possible.
Tentative schedule for the weekend:
Friday, July 1, 2016:
* Drum Corps International Central Indiana, 7:00 p.m., Scheumann Stadium, Ball State University. Tickets will be provided by Music for All.
Saturday, July 2, 2016:
* Attend Summer Symposium student performances around campus, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
* Family Day Picnic, Ball State University Field Sports Building.
* 2016 Rookie & Veteran SWAG Scholarship Award Presentation, time and location to be determined.
* SWAG Alumni Dinner & Reception, time and location to be determined.
Hotel information will become available within the coming weeks.
The cost to attend the SWAG Alumni Weekend will be paid by each attendee (housing, food, picnic lunch, etc.)
If you’re interested in attending the SWAG Alumni Weekend, please fill out the form below. We look forward to you joining us for a weekend of reconnecting with other SWAG Alums.
Be sure to check out the Team SWAG Facebook page
If you should have any questions regarding the 2016 SWAG Alumni Weekend, please contact Kyle Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 524-6233.