The Middle School Concert Band Camp at the Music for All Summer Symposium offers a week-long, immersive camp experience for middle school band students. Students will spend a fun and inspiring week with renowned teachers, exciting artists, and fellow campers from across the country. Designed from the ground up with the middle school student in mind, students will grow as both musicians and individuals. Their experience will be positively life-changing!
The Middle School Concert Band Camp is designed for students entering 7th or 8th grade, with at least one year of performance experience on their instrument.
- Featured Conductor: Stacey Dolan – VanderCook College of Music, Chicago, IL
- Featured Conductor: Rachel Maxwell – Traughber Jr. High, Oswego, IL
- Brian Balmages, Composer-in-Residence
- Professional, student-centered faculty
- Student interaction with composer-in-residence
- Separate dining/dorm facilities for MS students
- 24-hour supervision by counselors/SWAG Team*
- Low student-to-counselor ratio
- A positive, caring environment to meet the needs of the middle school student
- Two FREE camp t-shirts for every student
Our Middle School Camp coordinators Keith Ozsvath and Greg Scapillato live the mission every day, as middle school band directors and, themselves, parents. We know you are looking for a safe environment for your child, with exceptional teaching from distinguished faculty. You also are looking for value. The Music for All Summer Symposium provides lodging, meals, tuition, materials, teachers, and concerts for a reasonable cost that is far exceeded in value and impact.
* The SWAG Team members are the Music for All camp’s counselors, teaching assistants, and superheroes. They are selected by vigorous application process, undergo a background check, and carry forward the 35 year tradition of ensuring safe, positively life-changing experiences for campers.
June 26 - July 1, 2017
Leadership Weekend June 24-25
Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana