One of the most valuable aspects of the Summer Symposium are the clinics and activities we offer in our Directors’ Academy division. While school-aged campers are attending their own specialized sessions, their directors may choose to participate in sessions taught by experts on various music education topics. The range of sessions is vast, as directors are given from six to ten sessions in each of the four blocks.
During these blocks, directors attend sessions that develop specific skills and a wide variety of concepts. These include:
- Opportunities for one-on-one discussion lounges with master teachers and subject matter experts
- Panel discussions that create an environment that facilitates constructive dialogue
- Percussion and orchestral instruction techniques for the wind-specialized director
- Incorporation of technology in the band room
- Conducting techniques and tips
- And more!
What’s even better, is that these sessions count towards professional development! Ultimately, the Directors’ Academy division is able to help directors further improve themselves as educators so that they may use their experiences and better their programs back at home.
To learn more about the sessions available at this year’s Summer Symposium, please visit: https://camp.musicforall.org/directors-sessions/